Welcome to the New Winter FarmShare!
Welcome to week 1 of your Winter FarmShare! This is the first year that we are offering a FarmShare throughout the winter, so thank you for supporting local food year-round! As a Fresh Start FarmShare member, you are contributing to Fresh Start’s efforts to ensure everyone has access to fresh and healthy food and investing in a more sustainable food system. You are also helping to support new American farmers’ businesses. Thank you!
You should have just received an email with the subject “Time to customize your farm share.” It details the current contents of your box, which are based on the preferences you have set and what is seasonally available.
- Monday Delivery/Pick-Up: You have until midnight on Sunday to customize your box.
- Wednesday & Thursday Delivery/Pick-Up: You have until midnight Tuesday to customize your box.
There are lots of delicious local foods to choose from this week! Learn more about customization here. If you have any questions, please reach out to us by replying to your emails, or directly at [email protected] or 603 606 2663.
Please note that Harvie is the online platform we use to manage the FarmShare, but they are not affiliated with Fresh Start Farms. The Harvie team helps with customer support/member issues, particularly on the weekends when we aren’t open. Any questions you send to Harvie will be forwarded to us, but also please feel free to reach out directly to Fresh Start staff.
From This Week's Bounty
Arugula, Allen Brothers Farm
Bok Choy and Chiogga Beets, Picadilly Farm
Copper & Purple-Skinned Sweet Potatoes, Basin Farm
Scallions and Microgreens, Old Friends Farm
Red and Green Cabbage, Harlow Farm
Ecologically Grown Shinko and Shinseiki Pears, Champlain Orchards
Leeks, Simple Gifts Farm
Acorn Squash, Pete’s Stand
Important Member Info
Your Harvie Dashboard:
Pick Up & Delivery Info
Monday and Wednesday 11am to 6pm
It is very important that you update your delivery instructions on your Harvie Profile page so we get the food to the right place. Be sure to leave a cooler out for the delivery driver.
YMCA of Greater Nashua
Mondays 3:30pm to 5:30pm
24 Stadium Drive, Nashua
There will be a volunteer there to help you find your box. Any milk, meat, or frozen products will be in a cooler.
Bona Fide Green Goods Pick Up
Wednesdays 3pm to 6pm
25 N. Main Street, Concord
Give the Bona Fide staff your name and they’ll get your box for you.
St. Paul’s School Employee Pick Up
Wednesdays 2pm to 4pm
SPS Post Office
Any milk, meat, or frozen products will be in the fridge.
Fresh Start Food Hub Pick Up
Wednesdays OR Thursdays 2pm to 6pm
150 Spruce Street, Manchester
You can pick up your share either day. No need to notify us, just come on by!
We will not hold missed pick-ups. We will donate any unclaimed shares to our local food pantries.
Please return boxes & insulated liners!
of the Week
Here’s a great way to incorporate pears and arugula into your weekly menu! Or sub the arugula for spinach or other mixed greens for an equally delicious salad. The base of this salad is gorgeous mixed greens. The fruit: tender, ripe pear. Dried cherries add a slight chew and tartness.
Super simple candied walnuts add crunch, nuttiness, and subtle sweetness. And it’s all tossed in a tangy, 4-ingredient balsamic vinaigrette! Find the recipe here.
Roasted Beets with Pistachios, Herbs, and Orange
Wondering how to add a twist to already-delicious roasted beets? Look no further: Chef Naomi Pomeroy goes above and beyond, topping red and golden beet slices with a lively mixed-herb dressing, pistachios and celery leaves. Find the recipe here.
New Products: Something Sweet...
- Ben’s Sugar Shack Maple Kettle Corn– If you like maple syrup, and you like popcorn, then this NH-made treat is perfect for you!
- Brewer’s Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies- Did you know that Brewer’s is an Up-Cycled cracker company driven to reduce food waste in the craft brewing industry? Here’s what they have to say: “When making beer, brewers steep super high-quality grains, like barley, in water. They then strain this mixture, keeping the liquid to make beer and discard the “spent” grains. Turns out, these grains are still incredibly flavorful and the steeping process actually unlocks valuable nutrients. We recycle these grains into our crackers and chips!” You can feel good about eating these cookies–you are doing your part to help reduce food waste while simultaneously enjoying a crispy, golden brown, slightly sweet, slightly salty treat!
New Products: Something Savory…
- Spicy Cheddar Rye Crackers from Seven Stars Bakery– These crispy and cheesy crackers with a hint of cayenne are handmade with the finest ingredients, including our house-milled flour featuring Maine Grains. Delicious, small-batch Seven Stars Crackers make a great addition to your cheeseboard, pair beautifully with your favorite wine or beer and create the perfect stand-alone snack. Cheers!
- Tangy Honey Mustard from Butternut Mountain Farm- Zesty and sweet, this Tangy Honey Mustard pairs mustard with the sweetness of honey. This delicious condiment is great for glazes and sandwiches.
‘Tres Bonne’ Goat Milk Gouda from Boston Post Creamery, VT
Tres Bonne is a goat milk Gouda aged 2-5 months. It’s a smooth cheese and has a fresh mild and nutty flavor. It pairs well with Sparkling Cider Wines and Pale Ales. Perfect for those holiday party cheese-platters!
Mozzarella from Maplebrook Farm
All Maplebrook Farm cheeses are made with rBGH & rBST-free, 100% Vermont Milk which provides distinguishable quality and unparalleled flavor. This mozzarella is perfect for pizzas, salads, paninis and more!
VT Salumi Sausages
VT Salumi crafts their sausages simply with ground pork and spices–that’s it! They never add gluten fillers, sugar or preservatives and their animals are raised without antibiotics. Try from a wide selection of flavors, including Maple Breakfast, Italian, Rosemary & Red, Chorizo, Red Wine & Garlic, and Fiddle IPA Beer Bratwurst! Sear them up in your cast-iron skillet and save the drippings for sautéing vegetables like kale or spinach!
Thank you & we'll see you soon!
Email us at [email protected] or give us a call at 603-606-2663 and we will get right back to you!